Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
  • #2,486
They are releasing this pin today at WDW. This is too bad, because I would have loved to wear this pin this week. Although, come to think of it, I am not sure how one of the new contractors that is in partnership with U. of Chicago to run Argonne would take it. They are touring our division this past week. I suppose I should be on my best behavior (not!).

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10905134.jpg

Speaking of which, our Division Director and our Safety officer has been going around the whole division, and into people's office for one of their yearly safety violation checks. Of course, they came into my office to look around. I told them that the only "hazzard" in my office is all the Disney memorabilia that covers the wall, shelf, desk, etc. It is not a hazzard to people, just to my wallet.

They agreed! :)

Zz.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,487
I just read something that made my day!

If you think physics and Disney/children's stories do not mix, well then just open the current edition of Physics Today (Sept. 2006) and turn to page 49. It turns out that Enrico Fermi was fond of Winnie the Pooh (as do I!). This was thought to be just an urban legend, but we now have evidence!

In Fermi's own handwriting, there's a record of some sort of a calendar that labeled his graphite pile. He called them "Pos" and "Roos", which are charcters from Winnie the Pooh series. But even clearer are the names given to his various equipments in the inventory list. He had things like "Piglet's amplifier", "Piglet lead counter shield and counter", "Heffalump amplier", "Roo power supply", "Roo U stds", etc.

I cracked up! I love this!

Next time someone makes fun of me with my Disney stuff, I'll going to show them this article!

:)

Zz.

• #2,488
This report will be on the pins that we got as part of the pin event. It will not include the pin we got during pin trading with other attendees (that would be horrendously long!).

We received 2 pins as part of our registration on the first day. First was a welcome pin, and the other was the early bird pin since we registered online early before the deadline.

We then picked up our merchandise that we have ordered as part of our Random Selection Process (RSP). This is the process where, a few weeks before you arrive, you enter online the items you want to buy, which are in limited (some VERY limited, like 10) quantities. Then all the requests will be randomly selected. Your chances of getting what you want depends on the edition size, and how many people selected that same item.

For me, all of the regular size pins that I selected, I got, so that made me happy. These are the pins (a few, I got multiples of since there were 3 RSPs before the event):
IMG_5591.jpg

The jumbo pins were more difficult to get, since the edition numbers were usually smaller (often they were just 200, or 250, or 500). I think I did not get one of the jumbo pins that I requested. Here are the ones that I did get:
IMG_5575.jpg

We didn't go overboard as what we did last year. So compare to that, we actually bought a rather small quantity. We certainly bought one of the smallest quantity when compared to what others around us were buying. Some were leaving with large shopping bags, and boxes and boxes of stuff (those were either the framed sets, or the boxed set). We did, however, have one framed set that we got in our final RSP, the 4th RSP, which we submitted during our registration process. That framed set is, hopefully, being shipped to us as we speak (we weren't going to risk damaging it by bringing it back in our luggage).

The one item that was being sold at the event that I have mentioned before that became a small frenzy was the Mystery pin set. There were these sealed tins that contained 4 pins, randomly selected out of a set containing a total of 10 different pins. To make it even more frustrating, each pin in this set have different edition number. Pin #1, which is Pluto, only has an edition number of 200. Pin #2, which is Goofy, has an edition number of 400. The same with #3 Stitch. Pin #4 (Chip) and Pin #5 (Dale) has edition number of 600. Pin #6 is Daisy with an edition number of 800. Pin #7 (Mickey) and Pin #8 (Minnie) are 1000. Pin #9 (Tinkerbel) and #10 (Donald) are 1500.

So as you can already guess, even if you buy multiple tins of these, there's no guarantee that you'll get a complete set. When we filled up our RSP, my partner and I each bought 3 tins (that's all you can get when you are given 3 RSPs). So when we got our merchandise, we sat down, and opened all 6 pins. If you've read my report, you'll know that people were hovering behind us as we were opening the tins. As luck would have it, between the 6 tins, we got one complete set! We had only one Pluto and one Goofy pin, but 2 Stitch pins. A girl asked to trade one of the Stitch pin with a Daisy, and we did.

Surprisingly enough, these tins were still available to be purchased. So we thought, with all the frenzy, we might get a few more and use them for trading. So we bought 4 more. When we opened the 4 tins, and combined with the duplicates of what we already had from the first 6, we discovered that we ALMOST had ANOTHER complete set, but we're missing the Stitch! So of course, I was then regretting that I traded the Stitch away. We didn't plan on collecting a second set, since we didn't think we were going to be lucky enough to find another Pluto (which, by the way, was THE most sought-after pin at that event by then). So we thought, what the hell, let's buy 2 more tins and see what happened. We did, and still, no Stitch. However, we did get another Goofy, and 2 Dales. I decided to sit on Goofy and will only trade that with a Stitch. By then, we weren't telling others that we were working on our 2nd set, because there were people walking around still looking to complete their first set.

While we were in line for the various pin games, and doing pin tradings with others, we made sure people around us knew that we're looking for Stitch. We traded away several Tink pins, and even Dale pins were sought after, and we got very good pins in return, many were pins that were parts of sets that we were trying to complete.

Sure enough, while I was sitting down in between pin games, one of the nicest person we met during the event also sat down near me. I asked her if she had any new lead on the Piglet pin that I was looking for (it was from the cast lanyard series 3 and I've been looking for it for a couple of years). She didn't have any lead, she said. She also said that she's looking for the Goofy pin. I said, "Oh? You don't happen to have a Stitch pin, do you?" She replied "Why yes!" So I took out from my pocket the Goofy pin. She almost had a heart attack!

Needless to say, we quickly traded pins. So we now own two complete sets of the Mystery pins. A few people started hearing about it later in the event, and they jokingly (at least, I think they were joking) said they hated us. :) We didn't mind.

This is the picture of the tin, with the full complete set of 10 pins.
IMG_5582.jpg

Incidentally, on the last day of the pin event (by then the tin sets were all sold out), someone told me that a Goofy pin already appeared on e-bay, with a starting bid of $40. I wonder how much someone will pay for the entire set? :)

The other racket... er ... I mean, enticement that they had for the event is that if you buy a certain amount from your RSP 1,2, and 3, you are entitle to buy a limited edition pin for $3. If you bought in the next range, you can buy that pin, and another different pin, each for $3. etc.. etc. My purchases qualified me to buy 4 different pins, and I did. These pins are special because each one of them have Mickey, and a portrait of Walt. (I'm a sucker for such pins). These are the 4 pins:
IMG_5592.jpg

As part of our registration, we were given commemorative pins as parting gifts. While I was a bit disappointed with the ones we got from last year, I don't have that feeling this year. The parting pins were terrific. It includes one jumbo pin, and a box pin set. Here they are:
IMG_5580.jpg

The jumbo pin on the left is a spinner. The wheel spins.

All in all, it was a wonderful event, and we had a great time. We got a lot of pins from trading, and a few good pins from the pin games (I think I gotno less than 8 Artist Choice pins from the pin games alone). I know have to start thinking how to display these pins.

Zz.

• #2,489
I guess we were lucky when we did that at that time. Segway just put a recall on all of their vehicles!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060914/.../segway_recall

I'm guessing that Disney will stop both the short intro and the 2-hour tour due to this till they get the repaired Segways back. What a bummer. I highly recommend taking those two (the first one, the short intro, is free). It was a lot of fun. What I found suprising was that, after the initial hesitation, it became very easy to maneuver. Of course, you still have to pay a close attention to where you're going and the width of your vehicle. Still, everyone in the group, even those who started off very tentatively, got the hang of it very quickly.

I would do this 2-hour tour again at the drop of a hat. However, we have other "backstage" tours planned already for next time, including (get this) a possible 7-hour backstage tour of ALL 4 theme parks! I fully expect them to provide food for that one or I'll be eating every Disney characters that I see.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,490
ZapperZ said:
I just read something that made my day!

If you think physics and Disney/children's stories do not mix, well then just open the current edition of Physics Today (Sept. 2006) and turn to page 49. It turns out that Enrico Fermi was fond of Winnie the Pooh (as do I!). This was thought to be just an urban legend, but we now have evidence!

In Fermi's own handwriting, there's a record of some sort of a calendar that labeled his graphite pile. He called them "Pos" and "Roos", which are charcters from Winnie the Pooh series. But even clearer are the names given to his various equipments in the inventory list. He had things like "Piglet's amplifier", "Piglet lead counter shield and counter", "Heffalump amplier", "Roo power supply", "Roo U stds", etc.

I cracked up! I love this!

Next time someone makes fun of me with my Disney stuff, I'll going to show them this article!

Since I posted this story, I was pointed out another link that had the same connection between Fermi and Winnie the Pooh. Ironically enough, this story came from none other than Argonne's website, of all places!

http://www.anl.gov/Science_and_Technology/History/Anniversary_Frontiers/heffpooh.html

Argonne should have used Pooh Bear as its mascot, I tell ya!

Zz.

• #2,491
With Hong Kong Disneyland having failed to reached its targeted attendence for its first year, one would think the park just isn't attracting people to visit it. However, based on this news report, it appears that there is something fundamentally wrong with the theme park itself.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/09/14/disneyland.hk.reut/

If it is crowded, with long lines and long wait times, and yet it could not reach its target attendence number, then isn't it more of an issue of SIZE? They have made a Disney theme park that is too small! It is the smallest of all Disney theme parks.

And I also don't understand this claim that Disney doesn't understand the Asian mentality. I mean, who are the Japanese, Europeans? The Tokyo Disneyland, and Tokyo DisneySea are doing brisk business. In fact, Tokyo Disneyland is the most successful Disney theme park outside of the US. So they do know how to cater the "tastes" of Asians.

I truly hope they are just going through growing pains. If not, then there is an inherent problem with the theme park size.

Zz.

• #2,492
I've finally found some time to edit videos from this last trip. The first one has just appeared online. This is the Welcome Medley, or more popularly known as the "trolley song". It was performed on Main Street, USA at the Magic Kingdom.

Keep in mind that the weather at that time was HOT, humid, and muggy, where your sweat just stuck to you. So these cast members had to perform under that condition several times that day.

"[URL Medley
[/URL]
Zz.

• #2,493
Wish me luck. I entered this picture that I took in a picture contest.

<crossing fingers>

IMG_5250.jpg

Zz.

• #2,494
Good luck with the photo!

I love the Everest ride video! Now that looked like fun!

• #2,495
hypatia said:
Good luck with the photo!

Thanks, hypatia. Looks like I'm up against very stiff competition.

I love the Everest ride video! Now that looked like fun!

It's a terrific attraction. Even the queue line is an attraction in itself. I still like Tower of Terror the best (perfect theming, an a screamer of a ride), but Expedition Everest ranks very high on my to-do list each time I'm there.

BTW, anyone planning on going to WDW anytime soon and planning on going on EE should check out www.disneyeverest.com and play the Yeti Vision game. If you successfully play all 3 stages, at the very end you get a voucher for a free 5x7" ride photo of EE. We had 2 of these vouchers on the last trip and got 2 free ride photos. Love them freebies, especially from Disney!

Zz.

• #2,496
ZapperZ said:
With Hong Kong Disneyland having failed to reached its targeted attendence for its first year, one would think the park just isn't attracting people to visit it. However, based on this news report, it appears that there is something fundamentally wrong with the theme park itself.
Yes, it seems the problem is that it's oo small. "But this task will be made difficult by the small park size, limited attractions and up to 90 minutes waits for many rides including the Space Mountain rollercoaster at peak times." Doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

Isn't land in Hong Kong rather limited? Is that why it's so small?

• #2,497
Evo said:
Yes, it seems the problem is that it's oo small. "But this task will be made difficult by the small park size, limited attractions and up to 90 minutes waits for many rides including the Space Mountain rollercoaster at peak times." Doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

Isn't land in Hong Kong rather limited? Is that why it's so small?

While that certainly might be a factor, they actually got almost the run of a whole island. I think the biggest problem was that they had only barely 8 attractions when they opened. This is way too few (thanks, Michael Eisner!). 3 new attractions either have opened or about to open right now, so that might help at least in the near future.

I think they just overestimated just how patient the chinese guests would tolerate the situation, and the fact that most of them actually don't quite get the "atmosphere" they were trying to convey. One would think they would have learned something from Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

Zz.

Last edited:
  • #2,498
i'm just a little black rain cloud...

hovering under... the honey treee...

• #2,499
ZapperZ said:
Wish me luck. I entered this picture that I took in a picture contest.

<crossing fingers>

IMG_5250.jpg

Zz.
Ooooooh, that's incredible. :approve:

• #2,500
Evo said:
Ooooooh, that's incredible. :approve:

Let's hope many people doing that contest feel the same way. :)

Zz.

• #2,501
OK, Disney just pulled a fast one on me!

Still in the middle of editing the video for this trip, and I was editing our footage of Illuminations. If you've looked at my video of Wishes and an earlier version of Illuminations, you'd know that we like to replace the live sound with the actual music for those shows.

We videotaped Illuminations again on this trip, because our earlier version was taped last year in Sept. when the inferno barge was out of commission. As usual, I replaced the live sound with the actual music. Getting them to synchronize is usually the most tedious part of the whole thing, especially for Illuminations since it uses two different tunes.

Things were going very well during video editing until the very end! The part where the song goes "We go on..." and the sky turns bright with a flood of fireworks... whoa! They added about 3 seconds to it! The horns section that gets repeated 4 times in the original soundtrack is repeated FIVE times in the version we taped! So the fireworks went on 3 seconds too long. So my video is in synched with the actual music all through Illuminations up to the last 20 seconds of the show and then BAM. It goes out of synch!

I'm disappointed! While I do have tools to edit the original music to try to add an additional repeatition of the horns, this may not turn out as well and will take a lot of time to do. Drat!

I wonder how many people actually realize that Illuminations as it is now is 3 seconds longer than it was before? :) Not that it is a bad thing, mind you. It only causes problems for people like me.

Zz.

• #2,502
EW 25 Most Controversial Movies Ever.

I know lists like this are often very subjective and generate a lot of disagreements. However, it still doesn't diminish the fact that it can still boggles the mind (at least, mine).

In Entertainment Weekly's list of the 25 most controversial movies ever, you'd think that a Disney movie would not even be close to be on such a list, would you? Well, guess what? Listed at #25 is not only a Disney movie, but also a Disney animated movie!

So before you read any further, take a guess on what you think it might be? My first guess was Song of the South with its depiction of post-slavery America. After all, Disney still refuses to release the movie today. But no...

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0%2C6115%2C1202224_1_0_%2C00.html

Honestly, one line in a song causes the whole movie to be "controversial", much less, to be included in such a list?! Oy vey!

Zz.

• #2,503
Aaawwwww... this is so sweet!

People are still talking about pluto the planet being demoted. Taking advantage of this, Pedigree, the pet food company, produced this heart-touching ad using a silhouette of another well-known Pluto.

print_advertising_6_1.jpg

Zz.

• #2,504
ZapperZ said:
Aaawwwww... this is so sweet!

People are still talking about pluto the planet being demoted. Taking advantage of this, Pedigree, the pet food company, produced this heart-touching ad using a silhouette of another well-known Pluto.

print_advertising_6_1.jpg

Zz.

AWWRRRRR! That is SO CUTE!

• #2,505
The one thing that I have noticed this past year is that Disney appears to be changing their "strategy" with regards to the Disney pins at Walt Disney World. I have noticed that they have eliminated (i) the surprise pins (ii) new cast lanyard pins (iii) pin events other than the Pin Celebration at Epcot.

The surprise pins have now been replaced by an "announced" surprise pins that even have the word "surprise" on them. Cast lanyard pins from a few years ago are now being released with the "mickey heads" on them where there were none before with the older pins. Needless to say, hardcore pin collectors are not amused with all this. That might explain why this last pin celebration event at Epcot was not a sell-out like that one before.

On the other hand, I've noticed a larger variety and more thoughtful design of limited edition pins and open edition rack pins. I guess if they are trying to get more of the casual pin collectors to buy pins rather than the smaller number of hardcore pin collectors and traders, this strategy would make more sense.

This pin is an example of what I just said. It's an open edition pin, and it is GLORIOUS! I'm always a sucker for pins that have the Fab 5 in them, and this one fits the bill. Besides, it is a lot of fun and simply adorable! It is being relased tomorrow, but it will be months (252 days to be exact) before I get there and could get a handful of this.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10943578.jpg

Zz.

• #2,506
After an abysmal year for the Disney Motion Picture division, this year looks like it is going to be an amazing one. For the past few weeks, Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest and Disney/Pixar's Cars have been battling it out on the international market. Pirates of the Caribbean had just opened in Italy to unbelievable numbers, smashing all kinds of records.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=industryNews&storyID=2006-09-18T014113Z_01_N17223732_RTRIDST_0_INDUSTRY-BOXOFFICE-OVERSEAS-DC.XML

So now that Disney is loaded after last year's record profits, one would think they would consider making a number of improvements, not the least of which is to rewards the front-line cast members who are in contact with their customers, and who happen to be the least paid among all Disney employees. This is especially true if they wish to retain the good ones. I've heard anecdotal accounts from a few cast member friends of large turnover rates at many locations.

I find it rather strange that, for many businesses, the employees who are actually in contact with their primary source of income (the customers) are the lowest paid.

Zz.

• #2,507
Disney fans at LaughingPlace.com are profiled in this article.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/local/states/california/15542232.htm

An interesting quote that I found in here is:

"I never expected to find my best friends this way, but I did," says Carrier, a district service center manager in Livermore who joined the group several ago.

I'm not surprise by this. I've met some of my best friends here online. So, what do you say? Shall we make a trip to WDW some time soon? Hum? We'll call it PF Gathering at The Happiest Place on Earth.

Zz.

• #2,508
All of our stuff that we had shipped from WDW have arrived (hooray!). So more than a week after we got back, we are STILL sorting through all the crap ... er ... I mean memorabilia that we got from this trip. This is not counting the pins yet, since we have yet to catalog and put them in the pin albums. That will probably take several weekends to complete.

One of the things we ended up hunting for at The Magic Kingdom was, strangely enough, Donald rubber duckies! Yup, you heard it correctly. We originally found one at the "Firehouse" right out front by Town Square. The cast member then told us that there are a few more of different types of Donalds all over MK. Since one of us collects Donalds, we started hunting for them. It took approximately 2 days worth of hunting to find a total of 6. I don't even know if these are all there is.

These are the 6 Donald rubber duckies that we found:

img5608qj1.jpg

From left to right Socerrer Donald (at Philharmagic store), Fireman Donald (at Firestation store in Town Square), Splash Mountain Donald (at the Brer Rabbit store in front of Splash Mountain), Pirate Donald (at the pirates merchandise in the Emporium - don't ask them at the Pirates of the Caribbean gift store, they don't even know this exist), Uncle Sam Donald (at a store in Liberty Square), and finally, Donald in a Doom Buggy (at Madame Leota's cart out side of Haunted Mansion).

So we were almost doing a scavenger hunt, but without any clues, hunting for these Donalds. I believe they are only found at MK, and nowhere else.

Zz.

• #2,509
Disney's Year of a Million Dreams

OK, if you ever had any inclination to visit Disney, pay attention to this. Disney's Year of a Million Dream celebration will start on Oct. 1st, and it is HUGE. It also means that you have a chance to win something, even if you can't physically be there.

First of all, here are the breakdown - total prize: $17.4 million! Total number of prizes over 14 months: 1.25 million. Average number of prizes handed out PER DAY at any Disney theme parks: 200-400.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-disney1906sep19,0,4020644.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

But get this, you can enter VIA MAIL. You are allowed to mail in your entry per person, per business day! While you cannot win the prizes that requires you being there (like the fast passes), you are eligible to win others. Here are the general rules breakdowns:

http://mb.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-79780-P-1&Refresh=0919175433&C=1

and how you can enter via mail

http://mb.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-79806-P-1&Refresh=0919175310&C=1

This looks like it is going to be quite exciting. I don't know if I'll spend time doing the postcard thing, but it appears that one certainly has a reasonable chance of winning something, at least pins. If not, I'll only have a chance to win something when I visit WDW next year.

Drat. Why couldn't they do this this year when I went there 4 freaking times?

Zz.

• #2,510
If you recall last time, we had breakfast at Cape May and reported this:

ZapperZ said:
A very long day today. We started at Disney's Beach Club with our breakfast with the characters at Cape May. Moonbie should find something familiar here.
IMG_4757.jpg

The food was OK, but the characters were a lot of fun! Here, Minnie decided to join us at our table.
IMG_4764.jpg

When she heard that two of our friends are late, she then scribbled a message for the two of them.
IMG_4769.jpg

We videotaped this (of course!). It is now online for viewing.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=727719405331841837"

Zz.

• #2,511
Thunder Mountain Railroad

Last May/June, I videotaped the full ride on http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3930563928623193759" at Disneyland, including the queue line, which I thought was themed better than the one at The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

The last trip this past September, I finally taped the full ride of The Magic Kingdom's http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2340537967268044719" . It has finally appeared online. See both of them and tell me which one you think is the "better" attraction.

Zz.

• #2,512
Rumors are running rampant (don't they always run rampant?) all over the 'net that Keith Richards has finished filming his cameo appearence on the next Pirates of the Caribbean. He played Jack Sparrow's father.

We have until Memorial Day 2007 to play with such speculations before that installment of Pirates of the Caribbean set sail into the theater.

Zz.

• #2,513
OK, I'm just full of rumors this morning.

Moonbear, if you thought the Osborne Spectacle of Lights last time was terrific, it seems that they're making it even more terrfic this year.

[If you've missed our trip report on this event, please see https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=872944&postcount=1551"]

Now remember last year during the holidays when the link to this amazing light display at someone's house was making the rounds?

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/just_plain_stupid/house_lights

Rumors being reported by convrsboy at WDWMagic is that Disney bought 25 of this "audio visual paks", the same one used by the person who did this like display for his house. It is supposed to be used in the upcoming Osborne Spectacle of Lights, where several light sets are going to be synchronized with the piped in music.

Just think. With Disney's money and resources, what you see in the video could be, oh, 10 times more spectacular!

I'm now regretting not planning on going to WDW this holiday season. I can only wish they'll do this again the following year. :(

Zz.

• #2,514
After the success of Pirates of the Caribbean as a movie that was inspired by one of Disney's attraction, guess which attraction is next in line to be adapted into a movie?

Go on, take a guess!It is JUNGLE CRUISE!

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=filmNews&storyID=2006-09-21T070908Z_01_N21260690_RTRIDST_0_FILM-DISNEY-JUNGLE-DC.XML

Honestly, if they do this movie as a straightforward adventure and not a comedy, and no puns or bad jokes, I would be VERY disappointed!

Zz.

• #2,515
Happy first day of Autumn! This pin is being relased today at WDW. Very cute!

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10905132.jpg

Zz.

• #2,516
ZapperZ said:
After the success of Pirates of the Caribbean as a movie that was inspired by one of Disney's attraction, guess which attraction is next in line to be adapted into a movie?

Go on, take a guess!

It is JUNGLE CRUISE!

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=filmNews&storyID=2006-09-21T070908Z_01_N21260690_RTRIDST_0_FILM-DISNEY-JUNGLE-DC.XML

Honestly, if they do this movie as a straightforward adventure and not a comedy, and no puns or bad jokes, I would be VERY disappointed!

Zz.

It just happens that I was editing out the videos from this last trip, and one of them was the Jungle Cruise, with Luisa as our boat captain. She was amazing and had quite a few ad lib, as I've reported previously.

So if you've never been on the Jungle Cruise before (which was Walt Disney's most favorite ride at Disneyland) and want to know what the fuss is all about, this video might give you a good idea.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6527818110032483956"

Zz.

• #2,517
The boat director had a great monologue.

Nifty ride.

• #2,518
GeorginaS said:
The boat director had a great monologue.

Nifty ride.

Yup. She was the best one we ever had in recent memory. When Moonbear and us were there last January, the boat skipper was horrible. She was just spewing her monologue with zero enthusiasm, and most people couldn't even hear her that clearly. This past trip, we were on it twice, and both times we had terrific cast members who did quite a bit of ad libbing (which I thought they don't recommend).

However, maybe these are new cast members who still have the enthusiasm doing this attraction. I can certainly see getting bored and jaded doing this thing day in day out, but I hope they can keep it up.

Zz.

Last edited:
  • #2,519
More videos appearing online. This is the http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6405694852648328816&hl=en" at the Magic Kingdom. It is a fun attraction. I do think that the one at Disneyland is better than this one. Unfortunately, I didn't tape the Disneyland version, or else we could have done a visual comparison.

Oh well...

Zz.

• #2,520
Ok.. this is probably the last video from this trip that I will edit and upload. This is the http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2790700861212298042" , the "new" 3 o'clock parade at the Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately, if you don't look closely enough, you'd think this is the old Share A Dream Come True parade but with no snowglobes. The music for this new parade is also not as memorable as the last one.

I think Disney should have just kept it with the old name and call this a minor revamp. For us Disney regulars, when you give something a new name (such as from Alien Encounter to Stitch Great Adventure), we kinda expect something really new, and not just a rehab of an old one. So to me, this parade is kinda disappointing.

Zz.